If you were one of those hands-on children, who would cut in half their new toys just to see what’s inside – this list is for you.
Bored P. already did a list on how common objects look from unusual perspectives– but this time, we’re making the list solely on things that are cross-sectioned. There are number of random objects about which we were all wondering “what if I’d cut it open just to see what’s hiding within?” Well, you can put away your knife and scissors now as there are people around the world who have already done it and took pictures of it so that you don’t have to.
Everything from bullets to hockey helmets, from pearls to baseballs – we’ve got it covered in this extensive list. Scroll down below to see the photos for yourself and don’t forget to vote for those, which you liked the most.
01. Fukang meteorite
02. Cut banana tree trunks
03. Rattle snake rattle
05. Bloodwood tree (Pterocarpus angolensis)
06. Adding machine
07. ‘Mark Twain Tree’ sequoia section with historical notations from year 550 to 1891
08. Tortoise skeleton
09. Poppy capsule
10. Simulation to what happens when a small space debris object hits a spacecraft
11. Rock in New Zealand
12. Tree fern
13. ‘Lasagna’ style bulb planting
15. Firework shell
16. Section of Golden Gate bridge cable
17. Wasp nest
18. Military tank
19. Bowling ball
20. CT Scanner
21. Old style Zippo lighter
22. Subsea power cable
24. Canon camera
25. Fragmentation grenade
26. Vaccine Container (The “Keg Of Life”)
27. Mechanical calculator
28. Leica Summicron lens
30. Land Rover
Like what you’re reading? Subscribe to our top stories.