Exercises for back pain
Pregnancy is often accompanied by back pain. Special exercises from yoga contribute to the improvement of the general condition of a pregnant woman and strengthen the back, experiencing significant stress during the bearing of the child.
Exercises, the task of which is to stretch the deep muscles of the back
Classes are usually held on the floor, so you need a blanket or a special mat for yoga
- Rolls –lie down on the floor, legs bent at the knees. Hands grab the knees and roll the spine forward / backward. The back should be rounded and the whole spine should be maximally involved. This exercise is performed for 30 seconds. Five approaches are enough, between which a short rest is necessary.
- The main focus on the knees isto lie on your back and bend your knees. Shin grab hands. Cuddling all the spine to the floor, pay special attention to the tailbone, it should go down. This position should be fixed for a couple of minutes.
- We work with our feet– lie on your side, while your face is turned to the wall.
Legs are lifted onto the wall in parallel with careful lowering to the floor. Hands are drawn behind the head, and the spine is pressed to the floor. The position is also fixed for a couple of minutes.
- Pulling up:lie down on your back and bend your right leg at the knee. Pull forehead to the bent knee. In this position they linger for a minute and change their legs, dropping one on the floor and, after a short rest, start the exercise with the other.
- Cat pose –squatting. Exhale – the chin goes to the chest, the back arches. Inhale – the head is thrown back, a glance at the ceiling and the deflection of the body in the other direction. The exercise is performed for 3 minutes and ends with side turns.
- With pillows –lying down, with one small pillow located under the pelvis, the other – under the stomach. Conduct an exercise described above, but only with pillows.
Exercises to strengthen the muscles of the back
- “Fish”– lying in the stretched state, arms extended along the body. Perform chest rises from the floor. Optimally, to make 3 series of five lifts, but it is possible and less. Depending on the state of health.
- Frozen “Fish”– lying, arms stretched along the body and raised simultaneously with the legs. Consider the frequency of breathing until you feel tired in the muscles. Down on the floor. Overvoltage is not allowed! After relaxation, repeat the exercise in different variations: change the position of the hands. Then rest and repeat the exercise. The pose can hold for up to 2 minutes.
- Inclination from the prone position helps to strengthen the longitudinal muscles of the abdomen–lie on your back and bend the legs at the knees, around the back. Slowly lean forward. The exercise is conducted without jerks! Perform 3 sets of 5 slopes.
- To work with the oblique and transverse abdominal muscles, perform the following exercise– lying on the right side: the straight right arm rests on the left. Raise one leg, then the other. This position is necessary to hold for half a minute and relax. Then repeat the exercise on the other side.
Back pains pass when the movable function of the spinal column is restored. Similar failures are corrected by the slopes and deflections of the spine.
However, it is worth considering some limitations:
- shallow depth of slope and/or trough;
- Exercises are performed with legs bent at the knees, after several workouts, bends are added in which support is possible on the chair (for example, the palms are located on the back of the chair);
- deflections are best done using pillows. This will allow the back to be flexed;
- rolls on tennis balls or specialized rollers for back or yoga are also effective and safe;
- For a safety net, it is better to perform softback bends on pillows.
The twisting exercises have a beneficial effect on the stretching of various muscles.
A widespread and very effective set of such techniques – the Crocodile contributes to a powerful healing effect in the back area. It is important to perform all the exercises for twisting at the moment of holding the breath, as soon as you breathe in and tighten the abdominal muscles.
So, lying on your back, the spine is extended: the left foot is located on the right. Breathing in breath is delayed. At the same time, some movements are performed: the head turns in one direction and the toes in the other.
This is followed by a short rest and repetition of the exercise only on the other foot.
By analogy with the exercise described above, the following twist is performed: the heel is placed on the toes.
When performing exercises, the dynamic feature of both sides is taken into account. If you experience discomfort, you can use a chair.
These exercises are very rarely accompanied by pain. They only appear when wrong actions are performed.
The key to the effectiveness of the exercises is even and calm breathing. Exercises cannot be strictly regulated. Allowed the individual construction of the program of classes.
At the same time, it is important to take into account that these workouts imply the presence of frontal stretching, gentle twisting along the sides and strengthening deep back muscles and abdominal muscles asanas.
The exercises presented are far from superficial and often require a full and deep reflection. It can only be achieved by tandem work with a professional. Specifically, in this case – this is a yoga instructor.
It is important to take into account a small nuance: at times you should not neglect the inclusion of full breathing, which implies the movement of the diaphragm (at the maximum possible amplitude).
Reasonable and regular exercise, taking into account possible contraindications and the individual characteristics of the body, will help ease back pain and even eliminate it completely.